Our next recipe is from Nana Judy and is a Recipe for Action!
Servings: 2-3 or more
Prep Time: A few emails sent
Cook Time: As long as you want.
- 2-3 women (or more) who care about reproductive justice, health and rights
- Cups of tea or coffee for each one
- A kitchen table
- A few stories from before Roe v. Wade
- Several pinches of laughter
- Choose a date to get together
- Brew some tea or coffee
- Sit down around a kitchen table
- Share your story about the days before Roe v. Wade and why you are interested in joining GRR.
- Stir them all together
- Watch the yeast of GRR humor rise.
- Choose one thing you all want to do: from talking with another friend to writing a letter to your legislator, to…something that you all find is doable for you.
- Pat yourselves on the back for getting started and email us so we can cheer with you.
Note: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. –Margaret Mead