- 1 lb. of compassion
- A cup of curiosity
- 1 oz. of introspection
- 2 lbs. of justice
- A large dash of courage
- Unpack your Invisible Knapsack
- Think about the ways some people benefit from privileges without even realizing it, by virtue of their race, their gender, their education level, their gender identity, and other factors over which they may have no control.
- Consider the ways privilege may show up in your life, both in the privileges you have and the privileges you don’t have.
- Be gentle with yourself. It’s easy to be overwhelmed by guilt when you begin to grapple with these kinds of questions.
- Think about ways to use your privilege to challenge the injustices you see around you. Can you amplify the voices of those who have
less privilege? Does your relative privilege make it safer for you to take action against injustice than it would be for others?
- Get ready to fight for a fairer, more just world!