Prep time: A week or more
1 heaping tablespoon of desire – to exercise your right of freedom of speech
1 cup of determination – to take a stand about what is important to you
2 overflowing cups of advance planning:
- Maps of the area of the march
- Time and place march starts and ends
- Friends to attend with and meet-up time and place
- Rules for participating in the march
- Transportation to and from
1 sign to carry – Simple or totally bodacious use your imagination!
1 backpack with the following items:
- A form of ID
- Layers of clothing for temperature changes
- Any weather accessories you might need
- Handheld snacks
- Bottle of water
A gaggle of friends – any march is more fun when shared with friends
1 good pair of walking shoes
- Round up your friends and use the energy of desire and determination to identify the who what where when and how of the march.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the march.
- Set aside time to make signs with friends.
- Pack your backpack the night before.
- Choose a time and place to meet.
- Put on your shoes, show up and rejoice as you let your voice be heard!